Pages

Monday 17 November 2008

The old scars

Dear beloved, in the past,
At the dialogue table, once you told me
That you would give a self-governing state,
Equality, love to me without being worried,
Having paved my heart, I've been expecting.

Now ten years and ten rainy seasons
Have gone by, I'm still waiting with my days
Being counted,
I'm hoping with my volition and suffering in every season.

The words were spoken at the dialogue:
Where have they gone?
Have they slipped away in the air?
Or have they been floated in the tide water?
Or have they been eradicated by your toes?
Or have they been thrown away into the rubbish basket?

You've been unkind to me in many ways;
And crossed my heart with the mark of ,
The steps on your journey and mine
Are facing against back to back
Just like the two sides of the same coin.

Because of being unable to be together,
Let's stop our love between you and me
And approach to the enlightened one, Buddha,
With my whole heart, I pray,
``from the Beginning of the world to the end of the world,
May your palace and mine be never built on´´.

Raman-Marm Snong Eem(Dura)
(The place of attachment in Mon Land)

No comments: